Updated: Police have given the all clear at Retek

Leave a comment

November 16, 2012 by Sarah M

Minneapolis Police Sgt. Stephen McCarty

Minneapolis Police have told workers at the Retek Building that they can go back to business as usual after wrapping up an investigation of an apparent shots fired call at the office building earlier today.

Minneapolis Police Sgt. Stephen McCarty said no evidence of a shooting has been found at the Retek building at 10th & Nicollet despite getting a shots fired call earlier today at a press conference around noon.

McCarty briefed reporters around noon outside the Retek building, which is home to Target Corp. offices and developer Ryan Cos. Police cars lined 10th Street next to the office building.

The call came from someone on the 10th floor, McCarty said. It was first reported to Target security and then a 911 call was made.

Employees in the building had been told to stay in their offices until the scene was cleared.

— Sarah McKenzie

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: