August 7, 2012 by Sarah M
//By Jeremy Zoss//
Tonight at 7:15 p.m. a sundial will be dedicated at Chute Square Park in honor of the multi-year project to restore the park. The volunteer organization Friends of Chute Square Park lead the revitalization, which replaced old sidewalks, added new benches, tables and lighting.
Located at the corner of Central Avenue and University Avenue SE, Chute Square Park originally opened in 1904 and is home to the Ard Godfrey House, the oldest existing wood-frame home in Minneapolis. The 1848 home was moved to Chute Square Park in 1908 and opened for public tours in 1979.
The Chute Square Park renewal plan was created by John Cuningham of Cuningham Group Architecture. The project used no public funds. All money for the project was donated by a coalition of neighborhood residents and businesses.